The recent closure of our schools has been challenging for our families. We recognize that it is difficult to balance childcare, work, homeschooling, and keeping everyone in the family safe, happy, and healthy. To support you during this challenging time, Salem Public Schools is setting up a school-family learning resource website salemlearns.org.
This website will include information about distance learning opportunities and student well-being. Sample content will include:
- School information and announcements
- Lessons/Activities for students in grades PreK – 5
- How students in grades 6-12 can access lessons/activities posted on Schoology with their Chromebooks
- Teacher and student schedules
- Videos and photos made by teachers and principals. (They miss their students and want to keep in touch!)
Grades 1-2 Learning
Grade 3-5 Learning
Health and Wellness
Are you looking for learning resources for grades 6-12? Learning for these grades is happening on-line. If you do not have information about how your student should be accessing these materials, please contact your teacher. Need technical support? You can find that in this document.
Paper Packets, Student Meals and Food Support
Pre-printed paper packets of the school materials on this website are available for pick-up at the food distribution sites. Times and locations below.
Breakfast and lunch are available to all children under the age of 18, regardless of which school you attend, from 9:00 am-11:00 am, Monday through Friday, at the following school locations:
- Bates School – side door to the cafeteria, facing the playground
- Bentley Academy – gym door near the big parking lot
- Carlton Innovation School – main entrance
- Collins Middle School – main entrance
- Horace Mann Elementary School – second-floor entrance on the SHS side of the building, near the field
- Saltonstall – behind the school at the cafeteria entrance by the playground
- Witchcraft Elementary School – main entrance
In addition to the school distribution, breakfast and lunch will be delivered by our transportation department for pick up between 9:00 am-10:00 am to any City of Salem child under the age of 18 in the following locations:
- 1000 Loring Towers
- Pequot Highlands @First St.
- Palmer Cove Park
- Rainbow Terrace @ 2 Rainbow Terrace
- Salem Heights
- Mack Park @ Tremont St. (9:45-10:15am)
- Salem Common (9:00-9:30am)